Weather in Southeast is returning to something closer to normal. It's still warm, but at least we're getting rain now.
Petersburg and Wrangell both have really great public radio stations. We got really lucky while transiting Wrangell Narrows. The Petersburg station played an hour-long show about ukulele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro. He's one of my favorites, and his "Gone Fishing" song is one of the ring tones on my phone. It's fun to have Hawaiian music like that up here.
We had the best weather ever for July 4 celebrations here in Southeast. Craig does their fireworks show on July 3 and Klawock does them on July 4. So we have two nights of staying up late, as both towns go "all out."
A few things I'm passionate about:
- Tonie Ogimachi's Website
- Santa Cruz, and 49th and 50th states
- Eliane LeBeck Tribute Page
Spanish Class Resources
- Spanish 1 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish 2 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish-speaking media links for weekly listening assignments
- Grammar and Vocabulary Videos organized by topic
- Video Links, organized by chapters
- Powerpoints: Grammar and Vocabulary Powerpoints organized by chapter >
- Class Documents: Syllabi/VocabLists/Etc
- Assessments: Speaking and Writing
- Cultural Resources
- Examples of Student Videos, organized by topic
- Professional Development Blog
- Old SCCS Spanish Class Website
- New Page
Life at six knots...