Years ago, I went to a CUE conference in which Nikos Theodosakis was a keynote speaker. To this day, I am still inspired by the work he has done with students and teachers who use student video projects in the classroom. Now that I am back in a mainstream classroom, I'm finding more opportunities to have my students take on projects that support their language learning. I have Nikos' book, and I really recommend it, if you're interested in having students create video projects. Here is the link:
On this site, I'm also working on posting examples of simple student videos. I'm password protecting this part of the site to protect student privacy. With their permission, I share their content with other classes and my colleagues.
Teacher, Commercial Fisherman, Harpist, Types of teaching settings in my career: Comprehensive High School Spanish Teacher; Homeschool K-12 Teacher, HS Independent Studies Teacher, Middle and High School French Teacher, Multiple-Subject K-12 Teacher; Project WET and STEP teacher
- Tonie Ogimachi: Life at six knots...
- Allweather Wiki
- Harping from Klawock to Kea'au
- Just another rock in the Pacific blog
- Eliane LeBeck Tribute Page
Spanish Class Resources
- Spanish 1 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish 2 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish-speaking media links for weekly listening assignments
- Grammar and Vocabulary Videos organized by topic
- Video Links, organized by chapters
- Powerpoints: Grammar and Vocabulary Powerpoints organized by chapter >
- Class Documents: Syllabi/VocabLists/Etc
- Assessments: Speaking and Writing
- Cultural Resources
- Examples of Student Videos, organized by topic
- Professional Development Blog
- Old SCCS Spanish Class Website
- New Page
Life at six knots...