Welcome to my rocks in the Pacific
I'm Tonie Ogimachi. I'm a retired teacher, a harpist, and a commercial fisherman in the Southeast Alaska salmon troll fishery. After living in Santa Cruz, California for 32 years, my husband Shawn and I have moved away from life in the Lower 48/Mainland to life on two islands in the Pacific: Prince of Wales (POW) Island in Alaska, and the Big Island of Hawaii. Hawaii Island is the largest island in the United States. Prince of Wales Island is the fourth largest, after Kodiak, and Puerto Rico.
This website first started as a portal for resources for classes I taught while I was working for Santa Cruz City Schools. Since I've retired from that career, and have moved to more remote places, the focus is now about our lives on these two "rocks in the Pacific." A good friend of ours has almost finished building our dream house in Klawock, Alaska, and we are no longer camping out with painfully slow cell service. Since leaving the backyard of the Silicon Valley, I had only intermittently updated this site. Now that we have all the comforts of home, I can post a little more frequently. So now this site serves as a central place for distantly-scattered friends and family, especially those who don't use social media, like Facebook.
I credit my fellow Allweather boat owners with prompting me to start an Allweather Boat Owners Wiki, now linked to this site. Better yet, I would encourage anyone who is interested in Allweather Boats to join the Allweather Boat Owners Group Facebook page. It's a little less cumbersome to update the Facebook page than the wiki.
I have also included a "harping" page, with links to some of my favorite harp resources, for everyone who has asked me for information about harps, music lessons, and some of my favorite things there.
Those of you who knew my mother might also enjoy my "Eliane LeBeck" Tribute Page.
- Tonie Ogimachi
- Just another rock in the Pacific blog
- Allweather Wiki
- Harping from Klawock to Kea'au
- Eliane LeBeck Tribute Page
Spanish Class Resources
- Spanish 1 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish 2 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish-speaking media links for weekly listening assignments
- Grammar and Vocabulary Videos organized by topic
- Video Links, organized by chapters
- Powerpoints: Grammar and Vocabulary Powerpoints organized by chapter >
- Class Documents: Syllabi/VocabLists/Etc
- Assessments: Speaking and Writing
- Cultural Resources
- Examples of Student Videos, organized by topic
- Professional Development Blog
- Old SCCS Spanish Class Website
- New Page
- Addiction-Recovery Resources
Just another rock in the Pacific