¡Hola, SCHS Spanish Students! Don't forget that this Wednesday is a minimum day. Both Spanish 1 & 2 have a vocabulary quiz on Wednesday. No retakes this time, as the semester is coming to an end. Only 8 more school days until the final exam!
I had my first AirBNB guest in our backyard cottage over this weekend. It's exciting to get this started. A wonderful hostess, my Mom would have loved to see her cottage opened up in this way.
I hope you all had a wonderful winter break. I know I did.
One glitch though: the computer I use for school crashed over the holidays, so I am a bit behind with everything. The same computer crashed just before the 2012 winter break, but I was able to get it restored then. This time, I think it's a real goner. I'm biting the bullet and buying a new computer for my classroom, but it won't arrive until January 13. So I may be a little slower than normal in getting online things done.
Fortunately I have everything backed up on Dropbox and Zipcloud, so I have not lost any important files, and my home desktop still works. If anyone has a spare laptop with MS Office that I can use for a week, I would be very grateful. I'm going to see what I can do with my iPad in the mean time. Things could be a lot worse.
See you all soon!
A few things I'm passionate about:
- Tonie Ogimachi
- Just another rock in the Pacific blog
- Allweather Wiki
- Harping from Klawock to Kea'au
- Eliane LeBeck Tribute Page
Spanish Class Resources
- Spanish 1 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish 2 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish-speaking media links for weekly listening assignments
- Grammar and Vocabulary Videos organized by topic
- Video Links, organized by chapters
- Powerpoints: Grammar and Vocabulary Powerpoints organized by chapter >
- Class Documents: Syllabi/VocabLists/Etc
- Assessments: Speaking and Writing
- Cultural Resources
- Examples of Student Videos, organized by topic
- Professional Development Blog
- Old SCCS Spanish Class Website
- New Page
- Addiction-Recovery Resources
Just another rock in the Pacific