Today's wind and rain felt like a typical summer day in Southeast, which put me in a great mood for another happy Friday!
I saw lots of hard work on the written po
Last Thursday, when my fourth period students told me that next Wednesday is a minimum day, I was so sure that they were mistaken, or that they had misunderstood something. Well...¡Tienen razón! Next Wednesday is a minimum day again. So that means quiz and test make-ups will take place Tuesday (11/13) at lunch, instead of Wednesday. And don't forget to study for Wednesday's Unit 4 test.
Don't forget minimum day this Wednesday. That means 2nd period starts at 9:00, and 4th period ends at 12:30. We teacher-folks will be in meetings all afternoon. Enjoy your afternoon!
Yes, it really was 92 degrees in our classroom today, and that was with the shades drawn and four fans roaring away. ¡Ay caramba! I'm really wishing for one of those portable air conditioners that they sometimes sell at Costco. It's really hard to be productive when the classroom is so hot.
SCHS students: don't forget quiz make-ups tomorrow at lunch.
Quarter grades are now posted in Infinite Campus, and the new quarter is beginning. This is a good time for a fresh start on renewing good study habits. Remember that doing just a little bit of Spanish every day is more effective than saving up for a whole bunch of cramming right before the test.
Make-ups for last week's quiz will be given this Tuesday, November 6 (Election Day) during lunch.
Monday looks like it'll be a warm one. Don't forget to bring a bottle of water to class!
A few things I'm passionate about:
- Tonie Ogimachi: Life at six knots...
- Allweather Wiki
- Harping from Klawock to Kea'au
- Just another rock in the Pacific blog
- Eliane LeBeck Tribute Page
Spanish Class Resources
- Spanish 1 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish 2 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish-speaking media links for weekly listening assignments
- Grammar and Vocabulary Videos organized by topic
- Video Links, organized by chapters
- Powerpoints: Grammar and Vocabulary Powerpoints organized by chapter >
- Class Documents: Syllabi/VocabLists/Etc
- Assessments: Speaking and Writing
- Cultural Resources
- Examples of Student Videos, organized by topic
- Professional Development Blog
- Old SCCS Spanish Class Website
- New Page
Life at six knots...