Not a lot of fishing has been getting done over the past week. King season took a lot out of us, which is probably a good thing. But that doesn't mean we haven't been productive. The day before yesterday, our friend from m/v La Cumbre, Dean Waterman, took us to a beautiful place for clam digging. That night, Dean made us the most delicious clam soup ever.
Then yesterday, we spent most of the day cleaning, shucking, and canning clams aboard La Cumbre. We followed that with another round of the famous soup, which benefitted even more from sitting a day.
Shawn does a lot of canning in Santa Cruz. But when we're there, I'm usually too busy to help him with it. It's a highlight of the summer be able to spend time "putting up" jars of the season's treasures. Thanks, Dean!
Gosh, we have as many acronyms up here as we do in our education jobs! All this means is that we spent the last couple of days resting and goofing off on Prince of Wales Island near Craig. We've had two clear sunny days in a row, so we took advantage of our 4-wheel drive to go up Shinaku Peninsula, to get a view of the most impressive tidal rapids we've ever seen: the North Entrance to Big Salt, near Klawock. We followed that with a really nice dinner at our friends' Ray Jay and Joanne's house. It was a nice day off.
We had a very successful King Salmon season. Now we're speding a couple of days recovering in the Craig-Klawock area. It's nice to reconnect with folks in town, and to go take a soak in Craig's public pool and hot tub. Real showers are nice, too.
We caught and sold some very nice king salmon, which is helping with expenses.
A few things I'm passionate about:
- Tonie Ogimachi: Life at six knots...
- Just another rock in the Pacific blog
- Eliane LeBeck Tribute Page
Spanish Class Resources
- Spanish 1 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish 2 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish-speaking media links for weekly listening assignments
- Grammar and Vocabulary Videos organized by topic
- Video Links, organized by chapters
- Powerpoints: Grammar and Vocabulary Powerpoints organized by chapter >
- Class Documents: Syllabi/VocabLists/Etc
- Assessments: Speaking and Writing
- Cultural Resources
- Examples of Student Videos, organized by topic
- Professional Development Blog
- Old SCCS Spanish Class Website
- New Page
Life at six knots...