While Shawn was at the dentist today, I got to visit my friends at SCHS. I also got around to using my Bookshop Santa Cruz gift card. I now have a bunch of good books to read while we travel. Gracias and merci to my World Language buddies!
Today we did the Highway crawl up to Santa Cruz for Shawn’s oral surgery appointment. I remember this.
It’s good to finally be reunited with my trusty truck. I have also really missed the Grocery Outlet. Cantaloupes in Alaska are like eight bucks each, when you can find them. Avocados are around five dollars.
Let the fun begin...
We also managed to make it to the Cabrillo College Veteran’s Center BBQ. Naturally, Shawn was a celebrity at this event.
Flight over Klawock on a stormy November morning. We will spend part of November visiting family and friends in California. So now I'm able to update this site during this month.
First stop was at my cousins’ Patrick and Emmanuelle’s house in the heart of the Silicon Valley. I love seeing them, and their place is a nice quiet retreat in the middle of the big city hustle and bustle.
Next stop: Little Saigon for a nice bowl of pho. Then on to Marina on the Monterey Bay.
A few things I'm passionate about:
- Tonie Ogimachi's Website
- Just another rock in the Pacific blog
- Eliane LeBeck Tribute Page
Spanish Class Resources
- Spanish 1 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish 2 Assignment Blog >
- Spanish-speaking media links for weekly listening assignments
- Grammar and Vocabulary Videos organized by topic
- Video Links, organized by chapters
- Powerpoints: Grammar and Vocabulary Powerpoints organized by chapter >
- Class Documents: Syllabi/VocabLists/Etc
- Assessments: Speaking and Writing
- Cultural Resources
- Examples of Student Videos, organized by topic
- Professional Development Blog
- Old SCCS Spanish Class Website
- New Page
Life at six knots...